1. Ever wonder why after downloading your bank account or credit card company transactions very well, balances never seem right? Of course, there are unliquidated items on your record; but sometimes the download gets confused on where it left off the last time it downloaded. This can cause duplicate transactions. Go through your logs and see if you have duplicates (hint: check the log around the last download date) and just delete them.
2. Why is my sales tax balance so large even though I pay it on time? You probably didn’t use the “manage sales tax” button on the home page; then select pay sales tax (Hint: be sure to edit the dates for the end of the period you are paying).
3. Can I add my logo or customize my invoices / estimates / sales orders? If you can. In QuickBooks 2012 and earlier, open an invoice and in the upper right corner select the “customize” button. In 2013, go to the menu bar and select format; from here you can copy a template, edit the current one or import already created templates. You can have multiple templates for various uses. To add your logo, in the customization window, select the basic customization button at the bottom of the screen. Don’t have enough customization? Go to the Design Designer; here you can add text boxes, move things, etc. Just remember that as long as you use this template, each invoice / quote / sales order will have the customizations.
4. What is the non-deposited funds account? QuickBooks is designed to reflect real life. You probably won’t deposit checks one at a time. Probably going to the bank with several checks. When your bank statement arrives, you don’t see the detail of the deposit, you only see the total of the deposit. It can be difficult to reconcile if you have individual checks on your register. To do? When you receive payments from clients in the receive payment window, the money should go to non-deposited funds. When you finally get to the bank, go to “make deposits” and the list of funds not deposited will appear; from here select the checks you are depositing, select Accept and there is your total deposit.
5. How do I personalize the home page? Select edit / preferences / desktop view / company preferences; from here you can select the functionality to activate or deactivate it. Tip: You can also customize the icon bar by right-clicking on the bar and selecting “customize icon bar”. Here you can add / delete / move etc.