Powerfully cleaning your new Oracle cards is really important before you start using them. Even if you’ve cleaned them thoroughly, it may still be a while before they are really “YOUR” cards. Follow these steps to clean and consecrate your new cards!
When you get your new deck of cards from Oracle, and if you’re with a few friends, ask each of them to shuffle and cut the deck before bringing them home. This will help the deck to become more familiar with your energy through your friends.
When you bring your deck home, shuffle several times before you begin. This will help shake off any residual energy that clings to the cards. If you want, cut a circle and call the Elements, although that is not strictly necessary. Get connected and ask your spirit guides for help. You can then do any of the following:
- Hold the deck in your hands. Feel the energy of the earth and the Divine energy from above connecting within your heart chakra. Visualize a cleansing white light emitting from the heart chakra towards the deck.
- Light a white candle and pass the cover over the flame.
- Light incense and pass the cover through the smoke.
- If it is a full moon, place the platform outside so that it can absorb the moon’s energy throughout the night.
- Smudge your new deck with a stick of sage, cedar, or sweet grass.
- Ask your angels and spirit guides to vigorously bless and clean your cards.
- Surround the cover with crystals and leave them for several hours.
Once they have been purified, it is time to consecrate them. Again, land and ask your guides for help. Ask them to consecrate the cards to their highest good.
You should also vigorously cleanse your deck of wasted energies on a regular basis. About once a month, I will take each card and put it in order. All my Oracle card decks have a number associated with them, so I order them numerically. Then I will cleanse them with a healing white light from my heart chakra.
Once the platform has been thoroughly cleaned, it is ready for use. Remember that it may still take some time for the platform to absorb your energy to give you accurate readings. If you’re primarily reading by yourself, the cards will snap together in no time.
Remember to think clearly about your question when using the oracle cards. I recently had a friend who was going through a lot of trouble. Although I asked my letters a question about myself, the reading was clearly about her! I shared the reading with her, but then did another reading for myself from a different platform.
It is very important to make your new deck of oracle cards your own. Follow these steps to cleanse them of other people’s energy and infuse your new deck with your own unique energies!